Tuesday, November 13, 2007

button from #6 salad container




I read this this morning about using plastic salad/take out food containers . This person makes shrink art from #6 plastic containers. You can find the number on the bottom in the recycle triangle?
Here's my button I made I cut a circle. It shrinks. A 1"and 3/4 inch circle shrunk down to a half inch button. I used a paper punch to punch the hole in before I shrunk it.
I sanded my piece (you have to) used a cotton swab and I put embossing powder on it. The plastic shrunk before the embossing powder got shiny. I had to use my heat gun on it. I held the plastic through one of the holes I punched with one of my stem wires, or it blows away.
You can use colored pencils, sharpies, anything thats permanent. If you use non-permanent it washes off.
To had to experiment for size. You can stamp on texture right after its shrunk before it hardens again.
I don't know how it will be for washing. Maybe you can tell me!


No comments: